About one out of every three people who had COVID-19 develop symptoms of long haul COVID, defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as a group of symptoms that linger for weeks or months after a COVID-19 infection. These symptoms can cause problems in multiple organs and body systems at once. Even people who had a mild case of the virus can have persistent COVID symptoms that disrupt their daily life.
What are some of the of Long Covid symptoms?
One in three people with COVID experience neurological symptoms. These symptoms can linger for weeks or months after the initial COVID-19 infection. As leaders in neurology, our experts treat cognitive problems and issues that affect the nervous system, including:
- “Brain fog” (difficulty thinking, reasoning or concentrating) after COVID-19
- Eye issues, including blurry vision or double vision
- Loss of taste and loss of smell (parosmia)
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
Severe COVID-19 infections can cause long-term heart damage. But people who had mild symptoms can also have recurring or chronic heart and vascular problems. These include:
- Blood clots and vein (vascular) damage
- Chest pain
- Dizziness when standing up (orthostatic hypotension)
- Fast-beating or pounding heart (heart palpitations)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
Can cause persistent problems with the lungs and oxygen levels in the body. Many people experience lingering:
- Exhaustion after little exertion
- Hypoxia (low levels of oxygen in tissues throughout the body)
- Shortness of breath
Mental health symptoms:
A range of psychological problems can occur after a COVID-19 infection. These issues can result from the virus itself or from the stressful experience of being treated for a serious illness. They may also come with the challenges of living with long-term physical symptoms. Mental health effects include:
- Insomnia and other sleep disturbances
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
The practitioners of Orthomolecular Nutrition and Wellness are uniquely qualified to diagnose, manage and treat symptoms of COVID. We use a full spectrum of micronutrients given by IV such as NAD+, high dose vitamin C and other modalities to help the body regulate the immune response, inflammation and heal on a cellular level. There is no need to continue to suffer. Call to set up an appointment today.